Wednesday 4 May 2011

Here are some students writing about their holiday.

Go Carting
“Yes! I beat you William!”, I said after our game of minigolf. I had beaten him by one point. Finally it was time to go on the go carts.
 I had not been on them before and neither had William so it was a new experience for us. We lined up at the gate nervously, ready for our go. After some waiting, we got our helmets and got into our carts. I choose number seven cart for Cristiano Ronaldo. The man started my cart and off I sped. The day was cold and I had the freezing cold wind blowing in my face. I skidded and swerved around the corners. Suddenly the joy of not crashing had come to a horrible end…I had smashed straight into the tyre barriers. I got back onto the track with the assistance of the man. Once our turn was finished I had crashed about ten times. William laughed because he did not crash once. I told him that it was beginners luck and that I had not been lucky that time around because we still had another go left.
 Time passed as we waited for our next turn. I got number ten for Lionel Messi. I started with a roar and continued that speed the whole time. I had a lot less crashes that time around because I had got used to them on the first go we had. Once our turn was over we checked our times. I had done the fasted lap around the course and it was only 22.8 seconds. I was really pleased with my time and that I had beaten William that time. The tide had turned and it was my turn to laugh at William. We left Tahunanui and dropped William off at his house and then we went home.
By:Logan
Fishing with my Uncle 
On Monday first week of the holidays my uncle and I went fishing we went and stayed in an old hut.
 We unpacked our food and clothes got the rods out and went surfcasting. I caught 3 undersized snapper but I put them back in the sea.
 My Uncle caught a Carpet shark and 2 parrot fish that we used for bait. The next day we went out on the boat we put down a berly bomb, which is a bag full of fish guts to attract bigger fish we caught 9 snapper that day.
  We put out a net for the night and in the morning when we pulled it in we had got 2 Rig and 2 Flounders. There were lots of Swans and Canadian geese it was the best holiday ever.
By Luke

                                              My holiday

In the holidays on Saturday my grandma my brother and I went to the wave pool in the car. When we got there we got changed. Then we went to the wave pool and played with a ball when we got bored we went to the other pools. Next we went and got lunch. For lunch we hade fish ‘n’ chips it was good! After that we went to pick my mum up from work. Next we went home.
By Lance Connolly.  

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys (Luke and Lance) had fun holidays! Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Logan sounds like you had a fun time at Tahuna, mabye one day we could race. Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had an awosome time in you holiday with your uncle luke.cameron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm....Luke, fresh fish!!! you lucky fello. Sounds like you did have a wonderful time at the bach...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Logan, I guess this means you want the keys for the car! I'm glad you and William had an enjoyable time....Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a good holiday lance better than mine. Ben Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you all had great holidays! Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had fun but your holiday would have been better if you'd gone to Peter Pan! :)
    lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great storys guys sounds like you all had fun

    ReplyDelete